Hospitals, hotels, laundry facilities, or any company with multiple types of textiles have a sorting process for laundering purposes. The laundering process is usually facilitated by 2-8 people at different laundry chutes, and employees may spend hours sorting through laundry. Many laundries are turning to UHF-RFID technology to gain better control of their operations and reduce costs. Early installations prove the technology works.
Laundries report the following results from UHF-RFID tracking system use:
1. Fewer losses and lower inventory replacement costs.
2. Total control identifies loss points and enables remedial actions.
3. Improved labor productivity.
4. Fewer customer complaints.
5. Validated deliveries and pick-ups at customer locations.
6. Improved revenue opportunities and long-term customer relations.
7. Tag and track customer-owned goods or rental items.